Friday, September 24, 2010

A Cake in Progress

Apple Graham Coffee Cake
This cake was promising--tender, barely sweet, apple-studded, and with just the right amount of rustic, wholesome, whole-grained goodness--but for a reason or two that I just can't put my finger on, I just wasn't quite happy with it. It might be that it wasn't quite rich enough or that it could have been more moist, and it's most likely that this was my fault and not Kim Boyce's. I'll have to try this again with full-fat yogurt, like the recipe calls for, and not whatever happens to be in the fridge (in this case, 2% m.f.), and hopefully I'll be more comfortable with this new-(very)-old oven by then. And maybe a dash of nutmeg in addition to the cinnamon and ground ginger wouldn't hurt either. I'm convinced that with a few tweaks this cake could be perfect with a cup of tea on one of these lovely fall afternoons of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment